Last updated on 07 June 2023
- If an abandoned vehicle is causing an obstruction, please report it by contacting the City on 1300 4 CANNING (1300 422 664). You can call this number 24-hours a day for urgent/high priority assistance.
- This will allow an Officer to respond with the highest priority.
- If a vehicle is unregistered or deemed to be abandoned, the City will attempt to locate the owner in the first instance.
- If unable to locate the owner, the City may impound the vehicle.
- Vehicles abandoned in a public car park, may be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- Council requires the owner, strata manager or real estate agent managing the car park to complete a request to remove the vehicle from private property.
- Please arrange for an authorised person to contact the City to get a copy of the required paperwork.
- Please note, Officers cannot remove vehicles from private residential properties.
Thank you for providing feedback.
We will use this information to improve this page.