Appeal an infringement
Last updated on 07 October 2021
Types of infringements
There are different types of infringements the City can impose including:
- Community Safety infringements:
- animal infringements
- bushfire infringements
- litter infringements
- vehicle/off road infringements.
- Health infringements:
- environmental protection infringements
- food infringements
- asbestos infringements
- tobacco infringements.
- Compliance based infringements:
- Canning Local Laws infringements
- building infringements
- planning infringements
- swimming pool infringements
- caravan infringements.
To appeal an infringement, please ensure you provide the following information:
- infringement number
- name and contact details of offender, including email address
- reason/justification for withdrawal or request to have the matter heard in Court
- residential address
- attach supporting information (e.g. statutory declaration).
Vehicle/off road infringements
Please include the vehicle make and model details in your request.
Health and Compliance appeal timeframes
Appeals must be lodged within 28 days from the issue of the infringement notice.
Your contact details are required when lodging this appeal, this includes your email address and contact phone number.
Thank you for providing feedback.
We will use this information to improve this page.