Drainage/stormwater issues

Last updated on 18 October 2021

Urgent requests

  • If flooding is posing an imminent threat/will damage property, please report it to the City by calling 1300 4 CANNING (1300 422 664). You can call this number 24-hours a day for urgent/high priority assistance.
  • This will allow an Officer to respond with the highest priority.

Types of drainage/stormwater requests

The types of enquiries relating to incidents and/or problems involving stormwater assets include:
  • flooding
  • leaks
  • damage
  • pipes
  • drains.

Main Roads WA

The City will respond to drainage/stormwater requests on all roads within the City of Canning's boundaries except for the following, which are maintained by Main Roads WA:
  • Roe Highway
  • Leach Highway.
The following roads may have both City and Main Roads WA pits. In the first instance, please report issues on the following roads to the City. An Officer will assess responsibility and assign accordingly:
  • Albany Highway
  • Orrong Road
  • South Street.
If it is an urgent issue, please contact Main Roads WA as a matter of priority. You can also report it to the City so that we are aware of the hazard - please call 1300 422 664.

Raise a request

  • To report drainage/stormwater issues, please click on the button below.
  • An Officer will investigate within five (5) business days.