Request an on-demand collection of a mattress
Last updated on: 28 February 2024
Mattresses are no longer collected as part of your bulk verge collection
The City of Canning has introduced an on-demand mattress collection service for residents.
How often and how many collections?
- All residential addresses are entitled to two (2) free collections of one (1) mattress per financial year.
- The entitlement can be grouped together in one (1) collection if you have two (2) mattresses to dispose of.
- Additional mattresses can be collected at an additional cost of $45 per mattress.
Mattresses of all sizes are accepted as part of the on-demand collection service.
Items not accepted
The following items are not accepted as part of the on-demand collection service:
- bed frames (please place these in your bulk hard waste collection)
- ensemble bases (please place these in your bulk hard waste collection)
- water beds (please place these in your bulk hard waste collection).
Before placing items on the verge:
Please submit a request for an on-demand mattress collection (using the button at the bottom of this page) or call 1300 422 664. This allows you to select a date and time for your collection.
- Please place your mattress out on the verge, either the day before the collection (after 6pm) or on the day of the collection (before 6am).
- You will receive a reminder to put your mattress out via a text message or email from the Waste Services team.
- If you have already used your allowance of mattress collections for the year, a member of the Waste Services will contact you to see if you wish to cancel the collection or pay a fee for collection.
- If you need to cancel your collection, please call 1300 422 664 before your collection date.
Your contact details are required when lodging this issue to ensure a proper investigation can be completed.
Thank you for providing feedback.
We will use this information to improve this page.