Last updated on 05 May 2022
Check your bin collection days
- The City collects rubbish and recycling from your property on scheduled collection days.
- To find out your next collection date, refer to our My Neighbourhood and use your address to search for upcoming collection dates.
Why was my bin missed?
There are a number of reasons why your bin may have been missed, including:
- bins not out before 6am on the day of service
- it is after 2pm (bins are collected up to 2pm each day).
- bin is heavy (greater than 70kg)
- items are protruding from the top of the bin
- foreign matter in bins
Contaminated recycle bins
Recycle bins that contain non-recyclable items will not be recollected until all contaminated items have been removed.
When and how to put your bins out
- Please place your bins out on the verge by 6am on the day of your collection.
- The bin should be one metre from the kerb with the wheels nearest your house. If it is also your recycling day, please make sure they are at least half a metre apart so the collection trucks can lift and empty them easily.
- Please keep footpaths clear and ensure bins are clear of obstructions (e.g. bins should not be under tree canopy and need to be away from parked vehicles, walls or lamp posts).
- Each bin must not weigh over 70kg.
- Do not over fill bins or place foreign items in them. Lids need to be able to be closed.
- Once your bin is emptied please return bins to your property as soon as possible.
Bins are collected Monday to Friday, five days a week excluding:
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
- Good Friday.
On these public holidays, bins will be collected the following day. Visit Waste and Recycling closer to these days to find out when your bin will be collected.
This type of request cannot be anonymous.
Raise a request
Thank you for providing feedback.
We will use this information to improve this page.