Last updated on 18 October 2021

Urgent requests

  • If the pothole is a current hazard, please report it to the City by calling 1300 4 CANNING (1300 422 664). You can call this number 24-hours a day for urgent/high priority assistance.
  • This will allow an Officer to respond with the highest priority.

Canning's responsibility

  • The City will repair potholes on the majority of roads within the City's boundaries.
  • Some repairs may be resolved by upcoming road works. Requests will be reviewed according to the works schedule and prioritised accordingly.

Main Roads WA

Potholes are the responsibility of Main Roads WA for the following roads:
  • Albany Highway
  • Roe Highway
  • Leach Highway
  • Orrong Road
  • South Street.
If it is a public safety issue, please report it to Main Roads WA as a matter of priority. You can also report it to the City so that we are aware of the hazard by calling 1300 422 664.

Planned works

  • Any requests for pothole maintenance to City of Canning roads will be checked against upcoming planned works.
  • If upcoming works will resolve the issues, and it is not currently a hazard, then repairs will be completed as part of the upcoming works.
  • If you think the issue presents a hazard or other significant issue to the public, please contact the City on 1300 422 664 for a priority response.

Raise a request

  • To report a pothole issue, please click on the report below.
  • An Officer will investigate within five (5) working days.