Repair or replace bins
Last updated on 07 October 2021
Lost or stolen bins
- If your bin is missing, sometimes it can be accidentally moved down the street.
- The City recommends you check the immediate vicinity of your property prior to raising a request.
Repair or replace?
- If a bin is damaged, then the City will assess whether it needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Damage to wheels and lids can be fixed by replacing this item solely.
- Damage to the body of the bin will most likely require a full replacement.
- There is no charge to repair/replace a bin if the damage is due to vandalism or normal wear-and-tear.
- Bins will only be replaced if the damage is beyond repair.
- Cleanliness of bins are the owner's responsibility.
- The City will not replace a bin simply because it is dirty.
This type of request cannot be anonymous.
Raise a request
- To request a bin to be repaired or replaced, please click on the button below.
- Please leave your bin in an accessible and visible location and not behind a gate or on the verge (for commercial locations, please provide a clear description of your location).
- The bin will need to be light enough to be manually lifted.
- Repairs/replacements can take up to four (4) business days for urgent repairs (e.g. bin is unable to be used) and up to two (2) weeks for minor repairs.
Thank you for providing feedback.
We will use this information to improve this page.