Road maintenance

Last updated on 18 October 2021

Urgent requests

  • If a road issue is currently a hazard, please report it to the City by calling 1300 4 CANNING (1300 422 664). You can call this number 24-hours a day for urgent/high priority assistance.
  • This will allow an Officer to respond with the highest priority.

Maintenance types

  • Maintenance can include poor road conditions and other general maintenance issues.
  • If the request relates to a pothole, please refer to Potholes

Main Roads WA

The City will respond to maintenance requests on all roads within the City of Canning's boundaries except the following, which are maintained by Main Roads WA:
  • Albany Highway
  • Roe Highway
  • Leach Highway
  • Orrong Road
  • South Street.
If it is a public safety issue, please report to Main Roads WA as a matter of priority. You can also report it to the City so that we are aware of the hazard - please call 1300 422 664.

Planned works

  • Any requests for road maintenance to City of Canning roads will be checked against upcoming planned works.
  • If upcoming works will resolve the issues, and it is not currently a hazard, then repairs will be completed as part of the upcoming works.
  • If you think the issue presents a hazard or other significant issues to the public, please contact the City on 1300 422 664 for a priority response.

Raise a request

  • To report a road maintenance issue, please click on the button below.
  • An Officer will investigate within five (5) working days.