Last updated on 03 December 2021
- If the sweeping request relates to spills or solid matter such as concrete, glass, dirt and leaf matter that has created a hazard to road users or the blockage of drains, please report it to the City on 1300 4 CANNING (1300 422 664). You can call this number 24-hours a day for urgent/high priority assistance.
- This will allow an Officer to respond with the highest priority.
- Street sweeping requests relate to solid matter such as concrete, dirt and leaf matter that requires intervention to be removed.
- If the request relates to solid matter or spills that are posing a hazard, please contact the City on 1300 422 664 to ensure a priority response is provided.
- If the request relates to footpaths, please refer to Footpath Sweeping
Main Roads WA
The City will respond to sweeping/spills requests on all roads within the City's boundaries except for the following, which are maintained by Main Roads WA:
- Albany Highway
- Roe Highway
- Leach Highway
- Orrong Road
- South Street.
If the request relates to solid matter or spills that are posing a hazard, please contact Main Roads WA as a matter of priority and also contact the City (1300 422 664) so that we are aware of the hazard and can provide support.
Street sweeping schedule
- Arterial roads (high capacity roads) are swept on a monthly basis.
- The area around Westfield Carousel is swept weekly.
- All other roads are swept approximately twice a year.
- Sweeping requests will be investigated but only actioned if the inspector agrees that sweeping is warranted prior to the scheduled sweep.
Thank you for providing feedback.
We will use this information to improve this page.