Requests for new/upgraded street lights or LED lighting
Last updated on: 24 March 2023
The City will assist with requests to repair Canning owned street lights, as well as new streetlights and lighting in parks.
Faulty lamp/damaged pole/fitting
- The majority of streetlights in the City of Canning are owned and managed by Western Power. The streetlights along Roe Highway are owned and managed by Main Roads WA.
- To confirm whether the City of Canning or Western Power own a streetlight, please use this online tool: my.westernpower.com.au/streetlight-issues
Make a report to Western Power
- In an emergency, phone Western Power on 13 13 51. Please do not submit information online if there is an immediate danger to people.
Make a report to Main Roads
- If the streetlight is along Roe Highway, please contact Main Roads WA on 13 81 38.
Make a report to the City
Contact the City on 1300 422 664 for:
- PowerWatch or Public Access Walkway lighting
- Streetlights that aren't owned by Western Power or Main Roads WA.
- Requests for new or upgraded streetlights require investigation by the City's Engineering team. This often requires a night audit.
- Where it has been determined that new lighting or a lighting upgrade is required, the City will make an application to Western Power for the new lighting/upgrade.
- This process can take several months due to Western Power’s works program.
- To request a new or upgraded streetlight, please click on the link at the bottom of this page.
Thank you for providing feedback.
We will use this information to improve this page.