Requests for new/upgraded street lights or LED lighting
Last updated on: 24 March 2023


The City will assist with requests to repair Canning owned street lights, as well as new streetlights and lighting in parks.

Faulty lamp/damaged pole/fitting

  • The majority of streetlights in the City of Canning are owned and managed by Western Power. The streetlights along Roe Highway are owned and managed by Main Roads WA.
  • To confirm whether the City of Canning or Western Power own a streetlight, please use this online tool: 

Make a report to Western Power

Make a report to Main Roads

  • If the streetlight is along Roe Highway, please contact Main Roads WA on 13 81 38.

Make a report to the City

Contact the City on 1300 422 664 for:
  • PowerWatch or Public Access Walkway lighting
  • Streetlights that aren't owned by Western Power or Main Roads WA.

New/upgraded streetlight

  • Requests for new or upgraded streetlights require investigation by the City's Engineering team. This often requires a night audit.
  • Where it has been determined that new lighting or a lighting upgrade is required, the City will make an application to Western Power for the new lighting/upgrade. 
  • This process can take several months due to Western Power’s works program.
  • To request a new or upgraded streetlight, please click on the link at the bottom of this page.

Raise a request

  • To request a new or upgraded streetlight, please click on the request button below.
  • An Officer will investigate within the next 20 working days.