Last updated on 18 October 2021
- The City periodically undertakes mowing of unkempt verges for sightline clearance and fire hazard reduction. If you observe a verge presenting a sight-line hazard for motorists, please contact the City on 1300 4 CANNING (1300 422 664) and an Officer will respond with the highest priority.
Unkempt verge program
- An unkempt verge is a verge that the adjoining resident or owner is unable to maintain, allowing long grass and weeds to grow.
- The City undertakes periodic mowing of unkempt verges to maintain sight-line clearance and for fire hazard reduction.
Please note, this is not a lawn maintenance service, but is undertaken to provide clear sight-lines for traffic and pedestrians and fire hazard reduction.
Requests to be added to the program
- There is an expectation that residents maintain their verge, however if you can sufficiently demonstrate you are unable to undertake maintenance you may be eligible for unkempt mowing. Please note that verges will not be mowed if there is an existing irrigation system (working or not) or any sprinklers present.
- You are required to remove any sprinkler heads, cap irrigation pipes and fill any holes on the verge prior to making the request.
This type of request cannot be anonymous.
Raise a request
- To report a fire or sight-line risk, or request to be added to the program, please click on the appropriate button below.
- An Officer will contact you within three (3) working days.
- Please note - your request may take up to three months to be completed depending on the City's programmed works schedule.
Thank you for providing feedback.
We will use this information to improve this page.